Friday, December 08, 2006

Introduction to Meditation for a Healthier You

As my final pick, and Writer’s Choice, I chose my major writing assignment #3, “Meditation for a Healthier You”. This assignment was written the ninth and tenth week of class, it was our last major writing assignment for the Quarter. The major writing assignment was a process essay, which either explains how or why something works the way it does. Along with this assignment, I learned how to write an interesting lead-in to pull the reader in. I also learned how to write a thesis for the piece. Overall, I feel I did well on this assignment and I especially liked my lead-in. “Meditation can lead to a more balanced life, a sharper mind, greater patience, mindfulness, improved physical health, and energy. We can learn to see beyond life’s illusions, thus changing our attitudes about life, people, and ourselves. We become more compassionate and understanding.” Who wouldn't want a more balanced life, a sharper mind, greater patience...", right? I definitely do, and this sentence would give me the inclination to continue reading on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home