Friday, December 08, 2006

My Mother, My Friend

My mother Anita is my heart. She is a beautiful, strong-willed Latina woman. My mother has big dark brown eyes, beautiful thick black hair, and milky white skin. She has a wonderful personality and loves to laugh and tell jokes to anyone who will listen. In the mid 1970’s, she received her license for cosmetology, and I remember her always sporting the latest hair fashions and clothing. She would wear long hair extensions, tease her hair, or wear different wigs to suit her style. One of her best outfits was a striped knit Capri pantsuit, leather boots up to her knees, and her hair worn teased up high. I thought she looked so sexy. My mother is not only beautiful and funny, but she is also a fantastic cook. She would be in the kitchen with my little sister playing at her feet, and we could smell aromas of chiles and frijoles simmering on the stove, the smells drifting out of the windows as we played outside. My mother is outgoing and enjoys going to amusement parks with one or more of her six children and many grandchildren, and she will get on the roller coaster rides if someone is daring enough to go on with her. She also loves to listen to music like easy rock, oldies, funk and some hip-hop. Sometimes when we are with her, she dances around and acts silly to the music just to make us laugh. I think my mother’s best attributes are her terrific sense of humor and compassion. Her spirit is uplifting, and I really enjoy her company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home